Malabrigo Sock is a soft, smoothly-plied, light fingering weight yarn in a range of semi-solid and hand dyed colorways. Spun from luxurious superwash merino, it is very comfortable to wear next to the skin and it is machine washable.
Despite the name, we recommend using a reinforcing thread in the toes and heels if you use this yarn for socks.
Be sure to purchase enough yarn to complete your project. As with all hand dyed yarns, dye lots are very small and not as consistent as machine dyed yarns.
With all multi-colored hand dyed yarns, such as Malabrigo Sock, each skein is unique. Therefore, we recommend that you work from two balls of yarn at once to ensure random color distribution, alternating every row or two from each ball. This short video will show you how to alternate your yarns.
- Weight: 3-ply light fingering
- Yardage: 440 yards (402 meters)
- Skein weight: 100 grams (3.53 ounces)
- Content: 100% superwash merino wool
- Care: Machine washable, gentle cycle, cold water, do not tumble dry