Ethereal is a luxurious mohair, silk blend lace weight yarn. The Angora goats lovingly cared for at Mountain Hollow Farm in Tazewell, TN produced the mohair. Their fleeces were carefully collected and sent to Still River Mill in Connecticut to be expertly blended with silk and spun into a light and airy lace weight yarn.
The mohair in Ethereal will bloom as you use it and create the heavenly halo that mohair is known for.
Due to the small scale production of this yarn:
- It is only available in the color shown, which is the natural color of the mohair and silk.
- There is a bit of thick-and-thin texture to the yarn.
- Please be sure to purchase enough yarn for your project. When it’s sold out – it’s gone for good!
Because this yarn has not been scoured with harsh detergents or acids, you may find bits of vegetative matter in it. This does not hurt the yarn. Just pick it out as you go and recognize that it is a result of environmentally friendly processing.
- Weight: 2-ply lace
- Yardage: 210 yards (192 meters)
- Skein weight: 28 grams (1 ounce)
- Content: 70% mohair, 30% silk
- Care: Hand wash, cold water, dry flat
The shawl in the photos is Citron. Knit on a size US 6 needle, it is a fantastic project for this yarn. Citron requires 2 skeins of Ethereal.