Socks on a Plane are knit mostly in stockinette stitch with a cable up the outside of each sock for added interest.
It is a great pattern for beginner sock knitters or more experienced knitters who desire to improve their sock knitting skills.
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL. Our detailed step-by-step lessons will teach you everything else you need to know to finish the pattern.
In the Socks on a Plane Knit Along you will learn how to:
- Knit toe-up socks
- Do Judy’s Magic Cast On for a seamless toe
- Knit in the round using double pointed needles, magic loop, or 2 circulars (your choice)
- Knit 2-at-a-time using the magic loop method (if you already know how to knit socks in the round)
- Cable, with or without a cable needle
- Keep track of which row you are on (it can be tricky with cables)
- Adjust the size to fit your foot
- Do Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off
- Read a chart