Welcome to the Socks on a Plane KAL!
It is a great pattern for beginner sock knitters or more experienced knitters who desire a small project that doesn’t require too much thinking.
In this Knit Along you will learn how to:
- Knit toe-up socks
- Do Judy’s Magic Cast On for a seamless toe
- Knit in the round using double pointed needes, magic loop, or 2 circulars (your choice)
- Knit 2-at-a-time using the magic loop method (if you already know how to knit socks in the round)
- Cable, with or without a cable needle
- Keep track of which row you are on (it can be tricky with cables)
- Adjust the size to fit your foot
- Do Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off
- Read a chart
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
- Download your free pattern here
- 300-400 yards of fingering weight yarn. We recommend a wool/nylon blend. Choose a solid color if you want your cable to stand out.
- Size 1.5 (2.5 mm) needles in whatever style you prefer for knitting in the round. The pattern is written for knitting in the round with 2 circular needles.
- Cable Needle
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch markers
To access the lessons below, you have to be a member of the Knit Along Club and be logged-in.
Click here to join the Knit Along Club
Knitting Your Socks on a Plane