Welcome to the Love Is In the Air KAL!
Love is in the Air is the perfect name for this romantic summer tank. The lace pattern is undeniably feminine and the waist shaping creates a flirty, flattering fit. Knit from the bottom up, the lace pattern is easy to memorize and knit. The pattern is written for bust sizes 34.5”-55.75”.
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Knit a sweater from the bottom up
- Knit lace
- Read your knitting so you can always tell what row you are on
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Pick up and knit to create a nicely finished edge
- Make minor adjustments to the pattern for a more tailored fit
- Join in the round without twisting your stitches
- Decipher pattern writing shorthand (don’t worry, we’ve rewritten it so that you’ll understand it)
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL. Experience knitting in the round would be helpful, but is not necessary for the adventurous knitter. This is a free pattern on Ravelry. You can download it here. However, the pattern is VERY poorly written, so I’ve rewritten it to clarify the instructions and fix the mistakes. My version is included in Lesson 4 below.
- 981-1308 yds of DK weight yarn – we recommend Cabot by Sugar Bush Yarns (70% pima cotton, 30% linen; 100 g, 291 yards)
- US 6 and 4 needles (or size needed to obtain gauge). If you use the recommended yarn, or another cotton/linen (slippery) yarn, you may want to use wood or bamboo needles instead of metal to help prevent the stitches from flying off your needles.
- Stitch markers – we recommend placing a stitch marker between each repeat. Therefore, you will be using a lot of stitch markers.
- Yarn needle
- Waste yarn or extra interchangeable cord with stoppers to hold live stitches
|Sugar Bush Cabot||$13.99|
Sugar Bush Yarns Cabot is a surprisingly soft cotton/linen blend yarn with fantastic stitch definition. 70% pima cotton, 30% linen; 100 grams / 291 yards
To access the lessons below, you have to be a member of the Knit Along Club and be logged-in.
Click here to join the Knit Along Club
When you join the Knit Along Club, you will have access to the lessons below as well as the lessons for ALL the knit alongs in the Club.
Knitting Your Love is in the Air