Welcome to the Cinnamon Girl Cardigan KAL!
Knit in Aran weight yarn from the bottom up, this beautiful cardigan is nearly seamless. It is a raglan design, starting with the sleeves. The finished sleeves are transferred to waste yarn and put aside until it’s time to join them to the body.
You will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Cable, cable, cable (with or without a cable needle)
- Do a tubular cast on – the absolute best for stretchy ribbing!
- Read charts
- Knit sleeves 2-at-a-time so they are identical
- Graft a nearly invisible seam in pattern
- Do an i-cord edge
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
If you are an accomplished knitter, you may not need all of the instruction in this course. However, I recommend that you at least read the Errata, Tubular Cast On & Knitting the Sleeves, and Adding a Cable to Your Sleeve lessons.
In addition to your yarn and knitting needles, you will need:
- Cinnamon Girl Cardigan pattern, available for purchase at https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cinnamon-girl-cardigan.
- Yarn: 1200 (1275, 1350, 1425, 1500, 1575) yards Aran Weight yarn for finished measurements: 36, 39, 41, 44 1/2, 48, 50” hip & bust circumference
We suggest Cestari Mt. Vernon Collection 2-ply Worsted Weight (don’t let the name fool you; it is actually Aran weight with 178 yard in 3.5 ounce skeins)
Body and Sleeves: Size US 8 (5 mm): 24” circular or straight needles.
Edging: US 5 (3.75 mm): 24” circular needles.
Adjust needle sizes if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Stitch markers in 3 different colors or styles
- Cable needle (We prefer Brittany cable needles)
- Highlighter tape (optional, but highly recommended if you are using a paper pattern)
- Tapestry needle
- Waste yarn for the provisional cast on and to hold your sleeve stitches
Not a member? Click here to join today and access all of these fantastic lessons!
Knitting Your Cinnamon Girl Cardigan