Welcome to the Cinnamon Girl Cardigan KAL!
Knit in Aran weight yarn from the bottom up, this beautiful cardigan is nearly seamless. It is a raglan design, starting with the sleeves. The finished sleeves are transferred to waste yarn and put aside until it’s time to join them to the body.
You will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Cable, cable, cable (with or without a cable needle)
- Do a tubular cast on – the absolute best for stretchy ribbing!
- Read charts
- Knit sleeves 2-at-a-time so they are identical
- Graft a nearly invisible seam in pattern
- Do an i-cord edge
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
If you are an accomplished knitter, you may not need all of the instruction in this course. However, I recommend that you at least read the Errata, Tubular Cast On & Knitting the Sleeves, and Adding a Cable to Your Sleeve lessons.
In addition to your yarn and knitting needles, you will need:
- Cinnamon Girl Cardigan pattern, available for purchase at https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cinnamon-girl-cardigan.
- Yarn: 1200 (1275, 1350, 1425, 1500, 1575) yards Aran Weight yarn for finished measurements: 36, 39, 41, 44 1/2, 48, 50” hip & bust circumference. We suggest one of the following yarns:
- Cestari Mt. Vernon Collection 2-ply Worsted Weight (don’t let the name fool you; it is actually Aran weight with 178 yard in 3.5 ounce skeins)
- The Fibre Company Arranmore – your cables won’t stand out as much because of the tweed but this yarn is fantastic!
Body and Sleeves: Size US 8 (5 mm): 24” circular or straight needles.
Edging: US 5 (3.75 mm): 24” circular needles.
Adjust needle sizes if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Stitch markers in 3 different colors or styles
- Cable needle (We prefer Brittany cable needles)
- Highlighter tape (optional, but highly recommended if you are using a paper pattern)
- Tapestry needle
- Waste yarn for the provisional cast on and to hold your sleeve stitches
For your convenience, we have available for sale the yarn and pattern you need for this KAL. Save time and support our small business by purchasing what you need here. Click on the item name to see more details and larger photos.
If you do not need your yarn immediately, we are happy to special order whatever color you like! Just call (423) 869-8927 or email email@example.com, and we’ll help you find the perfect yarn!
|Brittany Cable Needles||$6.79|
We LOVE Brittany Cable Needles! Read the full description to learn why. Set of three 3.75″ long cable needles in the following sizes: 3mm, 3.5mm, and 4.5mm.
|Cestari Mount Vernon Worsted||$15.99|
Old Dominion Mount Vernon Worsted is a 2-ply 100% merino wool yarn. Though it is called “worsted”, it is actually an aran weight yarn spun on a traditional woolen system. 178 yards/100 grams
This yarn is NOT superwash and will felt.
|Clover Locking Stitch Markers||$5.49|
These durable Clover locking stitch markers are the most versatile stitch markers. You can use them on your knitting needles or pin them to your fabric to keep track of your stitches and progress.
|Clover Soft Stitch Ring Markers||$5.25|
These flexible Clover soft stitch ring markers are pliable and easy on your hands. The package includes 10 small and 20 large stitch markers. The small stitch markers fit needle sizes 0 to 5 and the large stitch markers fit needle sizes 5 to 11.
|Dritz Tapestry Needles||$1.99|
Large-eyed tapestry needles with blunt points that allow the needle to pass easily between fabric yarns. Five size 16 tapestry needles in each pack.
|The Fiber Company Arranmore||$21.00|
Arranmore blends cashmere and silk with a fine merino wool to create an authentic tweed yarn of the finest quality. 175 yards/100 grams
<p style=”text-align: center;”><a class=”button xoo-wsc-cart btn” href=”https://knitalongclub.com/cart/”>View Cart</a></p>
To access the lessons below, you have to be a member of the Knit Along Club and be logged-in.
Click here to join the Knit Along Club
Knitting Your Cinnamon Girl Cardigan