Welcome to the Brady the Snowman KAL!
The KAL starts November 21, 2020
Brady the Snowman looks adorable hanging from a Christmas tree, or even sitting on a shelf. He would also make an awesome little stuffed toy. Brady will be a cherished part of your holiday decor for generations to come!
The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn to make a 5” snowman, but you can make different sized snowmen by using other weights of yarn and adjusting the needle size accordingly.
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Knit the long tail cast on
- Knit in the round using the magic loop
- Knit cables (with or without a cable needle)
- Fix cables without ripping out all your work
- Do the tubular cast on the easiest way (the best cast on for ribbing)
- Read your knitting so you can always tell what row you are on
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Knit backwards
- A variety of increases and decreases, including: M1, knitwise and purlwise; ssk; k2tog; and kfb
- Knit stripes without cutting your yarn
- Make a pom pom
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
- Worsted weight yarn in white plus 1 or 2 other colors
- Size 5 circular needle, 32” or longer (or double pointed needles) – or a needle at least 2 sizes smaller than you would normally use for your chosen yarn
- Yarn needle
- Stuffing (Poly-Fill)
- 2 small black beads for eyes or safety eyes. I purchased these safety eyes on Amazon.
- Orange felt or 3 sizes of orange seed beads for nose (I purchased sizes 11/0, 8/0, 6/0 at Hobby Lobby)
For your convenience, we have available for sale the yarn and pattern you need for this KAL. Save time and support our small business by purchasing what you need here. Click on the item name to see more details and larger photos. If you do not need your yarn immediately, we are happy to special order whatever color you like! Just call or text (423) 218-2238 or email email@example.com, and we’ll help you find the perfect yarn!
|Brady the Snowman Pattern||$4.99|
Brady the Snowman pattern by Aunt Janet’s Designs. You will receive this pattern as a PDF via email in a day or 2. If you supply your Ravelry ID during checkout, it will also be added to your Ravelry library.
|Brittany Cable Needles||$6.79|
We LOVE Brittany Cable Needles! Read the full description to learn why. Set of three 3.75″ long cable needles in the following sizes: 3mm, 3.5mm, and 4.5mm.
|Clover Locking Stitch Markers||$5.49|
These durable Clover locking stitch markers are the most versatile stitch markers. You can use them on your knitting needles or pin them to your fabric to keep track of your stitches and progress.
|Clover Soft Stitch Ring Markers||$5.25|
These flexible Clover soft stitch ring markers are pliable and easy on your hands. The package includes 10 small and 20 large stitch markers. The small stitch markers fit needle sizes 0 to 5 and the large stitch markers fit needle sizes 5 to 11.
|Plymouth Worsted Merino Superwash||$15.99|
Worsted Merino Superwash by Plymouth Yarn Company is a 12-ply superwash fine merino wool yarn. The multiple plies make it a nice “round” yarn – great for fancy stitch work! 218 yards/100 grams
To access the lessons below, you have to be a member of the Knit Along Club and be logged-in.
Click here to join the Knit Along Club
When you join the Knit Along Club, you will have access to the lessons below as well as the lessons for ALL the knit alongs in the Club.
Create Your Project on Ravelry
Learn how to post your project on Ravelry – a great place to record notes about your project
Swatching & Calculating Gauge
To swatch or not to swatch – that is the question. Here is the answer!
General Tips to Improve Your Knitting
Keeping track of your work by
reading your knitting, using stitch markers, and using lifelines.