Welcome to the Alice in Wonderland KAL!
Alice in Wonderland is a seamless top, tunic, or dress written for bust sizes 28”-50”. It is knit from the top down with mock cables on the front. You’ll feel like a fairytale princess in this flattering A-line sweater!
The Alice in Wonderland sweater is a perfect match for the child-sized Goldilocks, which makes a great mother-daughter combination.
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Knit a sweater from the top down
- Do a variety of increases
- Do mock cables
- Read a chart
- Make contiguous set-in sleeves
- Knit one row horizontal buttonholes
- How to pick up and knit
- Make minor adjustments to the pattern for a more tailored fit
- Simultaneously track shaping, pattern rows, and buttonhole rows. Learn tricks of the trade to get through the complicated sections with ease.
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL. The stitches in this pattern are not difficult, but there are places where you need to simultaneously track shaping, pattern rows, and buttonhole rows. Therefore, this KAL is recommended for knitters who have done at least one pattern with a simple pattern repeat and shaping (increases or decreases).
- Alice in Wonderland pattern (click here to purchase the pattern)
- 565 – 2520 yards (517 – 2304 m) of fingering weight yarn. We recommend Malabrigo Sock or Louet Gems Fingering, available for sale below.
- US 3 and 4 needles (or whatever size needed to obtain gauge). We recommend needles with sharp tips for this project, as they will make working the increases easier.
- Stitch markers – you’ll need a few of each in 6 different styles or colors, including 2 safety pin type markers that you can clip on the fabric
- Yarn needle
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- 3 small buttons
For your convenience, we have available for sale the yarn and pattern you need for this KAL. Save time and support our small business by purchasing what you need here. Click on the item name to see more details and larger photos. If you do not need your yarn immediately, we are happy to special order whatever color you like! Just call or text (423) 218-2238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help you find the perfect yarn!
|Clover Locking Stitch Markers||$5.49|
These durable Clover locking stitch markers are the most versatile stitch markers. You can use them on your knitting needles or pin them to your fabric to keep track of your stitches and progress.
|Clover Soft Stitch Ring Markers||$5.25|
These flexible Clover soft stitch ring markers are pliable and easy on your hands. The package includes 10 small and 20 large stitch markers. The small stitch markers fit needle sizes 0 to 5 and the large stitch markers fit needle sizes 5 to 11.
|Louet Gems Fingering Weight, 50g||$9.99|
Louet Gems Fingering has excellent stitch definition, making cables and other designs truly come to life. 100% machine washable merino wool; 50 grams / 185 yards per skein
Malabrigo Sock is a hand dyed light fingering weight yarn that is luxuriously soft. 100% superwash merino wool; 100 grams / 440 yards