Welcome to the Alice in Wonderland KAL!
Alice in Wonderland is a seamless top, tunic, or dress written for bust sizes 28”-50”. It is knit from the top down with mock cables on the front. You’ll feel like a fairytale princess in this flattering A-line sweater!
The Alice in Wonderland sweater is a perfect match for the child-sized Goldilocks, which makes a great mother-daughter combination.
In this KAL you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Knit a sweater from the top down
- Do a variety of increases
- Do mock cables
- Read a chart
- Make contiguous set-in sleeves
- Knit one row horizontal buttonholes
- How to pick up and knit
- Make minor adjustments to the pattern for a more tailored fit
- Simultaneously track shaping, pattern rows, and buttonhole rows. Learn tricks of the trade to get through the complicated sections with ease.
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL. The stitches in this pattern are not difficult, but there are places where you need to simultaneously track shaping, pattern rows, and buttonhole rows. Therefore, this KAL is recommended for knitters who have done at least one pattern with a simple pattern repeat and shaping (increases or decreases).
- 565 – 2520 yards (517 – 2304 m) of fingering weight yarn. We recommend Malabrigo Sock or Louet Gems Fingering, available for sale below.
- US 3 and 4 needles (or whatever size needed to obtain gauge). We recommend needles with sharp tips for this project, as they will make working the increases easier.
- Stitch markers – you’ll need a few of each in 6 different styles or colors, including 2 safety pin type markers that you can clip on the fabric
- Yarn needle
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- 3 small buttons
For your convenience, we have available for sale the yarn and pattern you need for this KAL. Save time and support our small business by purchasing what you need here.
|Alice in Wonderland Pattern||$7.00|
Alice in Wonderland pattern by Justyna Lorkowska. You will receive this pattern as a PDF via email in a day or 2. If you supply your Ravelry ID during checkout, it will also be added to your Ravelry library.
|Louet Gems Fingering Weight, 50g||$9.99|
Louet Gems Fingering has excellent stitch definition, making cables and other designs truly come to life. 100% machine washable merino wool; 50 grams / 185 yards per skein
Malabrigo Sock is a hand dyed light fingering weight yarn that is luxuriously soft. 100% superwash merino wool; 100 grams / 440 yards