Welcome to the Akoya Cardigan KAL!
The Akoya is a versatile, stylish and flattering cardigan with feminine lace and cables at the hem, cuff and neckline. There’s enough detail to keep it interesting but it’s easy enough to knit while watching TV. The pattern is written by Carol Feller, one of the instructors we had during our Ireland Knitting Tour!
This pattern is very well written, a plus for inexperienced sweater knitters! The pattern is written for bust sizes 28”-54” and is worked nearly seamlessly from the bottom up.
In the Akoya Knit Along, you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Do the cable cast on (Angela’s favorite) or the tubular cast on – the absolute best for stretchy ribbing!
- Knit cables (with or without a cable needle)
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Read charts
- Knit sleeves 2-at-a-time so they are identical
- Do single row button holes
- Graft a nearly invisible seam
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
- Fingering weight yarn:
- 1197 yards for bust sizes 28.25″-34″
- 1596 yards for bust sizes 37″-46.25″
- 1995 yards for bust sizes 49″-52.25″
- Size 4 US/3.5 mm circular needle, 32”/80cm length (Size 4 US/3.5mm dpns if not using magic loop), or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers in different colors or styles
- Cable needle (we prefer Brittany cable needles)
- Highlighter tape (optional, but highly recommended if you are using a paper pattern)
- Tapestry needle
- Waste yarn or stitch holders to hold your sleeve stitches
- Row counter
- 10 or 11 half-inch buttons
For your convenience, we have available for sale the yarn and pattern you need for this KAL. Save time and support our small business by purchasing what you need here.
|Akoya Pattern||$7.60|| |
Akoya pattern by Carol Feller. You will receive this pattern as a PDF via email in a day or 2. If you supply your Ravelry ID during checkout, it will also be added to your Ravelry library.
|Louet Gems Fingering Weight, 50g||$9.99|| |
Louet Gems Fingering has excellent stitch definition, making cables and other designs truly come to life. 100% machine washable merino wool; 50 grams / 185 yards per skein
|Malabrigo Sock||$19.20|| |
Malabrigo Sock is a hand dyed light fingering weight yarn that is luxuriously soft. 100% superwash merino wool; 100 grams / 440 yards
Not a member? Click here to join today and access all of these fantastic lessons!
Knitting Your Akoya