Welcome to the Akoya Cardigan KAL!
The Akoya is a versatile, stylish and flattering cardigan with feminine lace and cables at the hem, cuff and neckline. There’s enough detail to keep it interesting but it’s easy enough to knit while watching TV. The pattern is written by Carol Feller, one of the instructors we had during our Ireland Knitting Tour!
This pattern is very well written, a plus for inexperienced sweater knitters! The pattern is written for bust sizes 28”-54” and is worked nearly seamlessly from the bottom up.
In the Akoya Knit Along, you will learn how to:
- Make a proper swatch to test your gauge
- Do the cable cast on (Angela’s favorite) or the tubular cast on – the absolute best for stretchy ribbing!
- Knit cables (with or without a cable needle)
- Use a lifeline so you never have to rip all your work out again
- Read charts
- Knit sleeves 2-at-a-time so they are identical
- How to pick up and knit
- Do single row button holes
- Graft a nearly invisible seam
Participants must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off prior to starting this KAL.
- Akoya pattern (click here to purchase it)
- Fingering weight yarn:
- 1197 yards for bust sizes 28.25″-34″
- 1596 yards for bust sizes 37″-46.25″
- 1995 yards for bust sizes 49″-52.25″
- Size 4 US/3.5 mm circular needle, 32”/80cm length (Size 4 US/3.5mm dpns if not using magic loop), or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers in different colors or styles
- Cable needle (we prefer Brittany cable needles)
- Highlighter tape (optional, but highly recommended if you are using a paper pattern)
- Tapestry needle
- Waste yarn or stitch holders to hold your sleeve stitches
- Row counter
- 10 or 11 half-inch buttons
For your convenience, we have available for sale the yarn and pattern you need for this KAL. Save time and support our small business by purchasing what you need here. Click on the item name to see more details and larger photos. If you do not need your yarn immediately, we are happy to special order whatever color you like! Just call or text (423) 218-2238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help you find the perfect yarn!
|Clover Locking Stitch Markers
These durable Clover locking stitch markers are the most versatile stitch markers. You can use them on your knitting needles or pin them to your fabric to keep track of your stitches and progress.
|Clover Soft Stitch Ring Markers
These flexible Clover soft stitch ring markers are pliable and easy on your hands. The package includes 10 small and 20 large stitch markers. The small stitch markers fit needle sizes 0 to 5 and the large stitch markers fit needle sizes 5 to 11.
|Louet Gems Fingering Weight, 50g
Louet Gems Fingering has excellent stitch definition, making cables and other designs truly come to life. 100% machine washable merino wool; 50 grams / 185 yards per skein
Malabrigo Sock is a hand dyed light fingering weight yarn that is luxuriously soft. 100% superwash merino wool; 100 grams / 440 yards
To access the lessons below, you have to be a member of the Knit Along Club and be logged-in.
Click here to join the Knit Along Club
When you join the Knit Along Club, you will have access to the lessons below as well as the lessons for ALL the knit alongs in the Club.
Knitting Your Akoya